Ping G400 Golf Fairway Wood
G400 Fairway Woods - Forgiving. Easy To Hit. Powerful.
When you think of Ping you think of forgiving, easy to hit to hit clubs made from the highest quality materials. That's exactly what you can expect from the new G400 Fairway Wood. Combining all the features that made it's predecessor, the G Series so
Drawing inspiration from the aerospace industry, where strength, flexibility and aerodynamics are key, Ping have used maraging steel to make their new fairway woods face, one of the strongest alloys in the world. The effect of this is a face that flexes 30% more than its predecessors through impact, making the G400 capable of producing outrageous levels of ball speed and forgiveness. Just like the Ping G fairway wood the new G400 fairway features Turbulator Technology on the crown, reducing aerodynamic drag in flight by significantly delaying airflow separation. To provide forgiveness, a machined back weight is used which increases total MOI, launch and stability even on off centre hits. Don't think that with a high launch will come high levels of spin though, Ping have used a textured face to reduce this effect. In summary, Ping have created an incredibly long and forgiving fairway wood that more than justifies its 2 year build up.
The Ping G400 fairway woods are available in three models, the G400 (Std) is great for the majority of golfers, the G400 SFT (Straight-Flight Technology) model has a CG closer to the heel to provide right-to-left spin (for right-handed golfers) helping to eliminate that fade shot, and finally the G400 Stretch, engineered to increase your distance off the tee and on shots into the green with its larger head, slightly forward CG, 13º loft, and lower spin.
The G400 fairways also allow you to optimise your launch to suit course conditions with Trajectory Tuning 2.0 technology, adjusting the loft up to ±1° utilising a lightweight, aerodynamic, high-strength 7075 aluminum hosel sleeve.
- Maraging Steel Face - Extremely thin and more flexible, the innovative maraging steel face generates faster ball speeds to launch shots farther, higher, and straighter.
- Thinnest Crown - The 17-4 SS crown is cast ultra-thin for weight savings to optimize the CG location and increase total MOI (high-low, heel-toe) for full-face forgiveness. Crown turbulators increase ball speed and provide a captured look.
- Machined Back Weight - The machined back weight is more dense to increase total MOI for extreme forgiveness with maximum stability while enabling you to customize your swing weight. You can fine-tune your launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +-1º.
- Reduced Spin - The face texture reduces spin, and the head’s cascading sole increases face flexing for higher launch.
- Alta CB Premium Shaft - PING’s proprietary counter-balance design allows for more mass in the head to increase energy transfer. Color-Shift Paint Technology means the vibrant copper shaft paint transitions to nearly black as you address the ball to eliminate distraction.