Mizuno MP-18 Golf Irons
The Craftsmen's Muscleback
part number: 30107
Expertly scultped by the YORO master craftsmen, the Mizuno MP-18 Iron is one for the blade purist, a throwback to the great musclebacks from Mizuno's legendary past.
The MP-18 range, at it's core is a combination of high-tech, CAD design and as it always has been with any Mizuno MP iron, traditional Japanese craftsmanship, featuring input from YORO craftsman 'Turbo', who has worked on irons for legends such as Faldo, Ballesteros and Lyle. All of whom went on to win Major championships.
"We significantly shifted the balance of science and art with the MP-18's. You can instantly notice a greater input from the master craftsmen in that the MP-18 is more like the blades that made Mizuno famous - just more precise in its flow and manufacturing. At impact, this is just about perfection." - Chris Voshall, Senior Club Engineer
Forged in Hiroshima Japan the MP-18 is the first iron range to be crafted using Mizuno's new HD (high density) forging process. Still forged from 1025E pure select carbon steel this process sees less waste material in forging the clubhead, concentrating a greater density grain structure in the hitting area delivering improved shot feedback and control.
In comparison to previous models the MP-18 blade features a marginally wider sole when compared to the MP-4, while they have a smaller head size then the MP-5, most notably in the short irons where the 7-PW are the smallest irons Mizuno have ever produced. The MP-18 Blade can be combined into a split set with any of the other MP-18 models to create a complete custom set to flow with your game.
- Master moulds finished by our YORO Craftsmen: Mizuno’s most experienced, skilled craftsmen put their finishing grinds and touches to every iron from 3-PW.
- High Density (HD) feel: Our evolved Grain Flow Forged HD process concentrates the grain in our 1025 E Pure Select mild carbon steel billets more tightly for incredible, precise feedback.
- Major winning DNA: A shorter blade length and low heel profile influenced by our catalogue of major winning irons.
- Ultra-thin topline: A narrow topline has an additional camber for further refinement.
- Smaller pitching wedge: Sharper, more refined short irons into the pitching wedge – influenced to our Yoro Master craftsmen.
- Forged in Hiroshima Japan at Mizuno’s exclusive plant - manufacturer of Grain Forged heads for Mizuno for over 30 years. Grain Flow Forged from a single billet for incredible feel and distance control.
- Flows into any MP-18 split set - The MP-18, MP-18 SC and MP-18 MMC flow together within a custom built, mixed set.