Mizuno MP-18 SC Golf Irons
The Player's Cavity Back
part number: 30307
Like the idea of a blade but need that little extra forgiveness? The Mizuno MP-18 SC Iron could be just what your looking for. The compact split cavity design has been sensitively reworked by the same master craftsmen who created multiple Major winni
The MP-18 SC, at it's core is a combination of high-tech, CAD design and as it always has been with any Mizuno MP iron, traditional Japanese craftsmanship. The slightly wider, cambered sole makes it more playable then the MP-18 Blade. Though the thin, tapered top line, coming in at just 1mm thicker than the blade, short head length and smaller wedges still make this iron very much a Tour-ready model that is guaranteed to impress.
"The MP-18 SC is an iron that combines a lot of practical needs – stability, workability and softness at impact with our craftsmen's desire for immaculate looks over the ball. Although the sole is a little wider than the muscle back, from every playing position, the two models blend beautifully as a mixed set. The MP-18 SC wedges don't taper off as dramatically in size as the muscle back - so between the two models better players will find something that suits their eye." Chris Voshall, Senior Engineer
Forged in Hiroshima Japan the MP-18 is the first iron range to be crafted using Mizuno's new HD (high density) forging process. Still forged from 1025E pure select carbon steel this process sees less waste material in forging the clubhead, concentrating a greater density grain structure in the hitting area delivering improved shot feedback and control.
The MP-18 SC can be combined into a split set with any of the other MP-18 models to create a complete custom set to flow with your game.
- Master moulds finished by our YORO Craftsmen: Mizuno’s most experienced, skilled craftsmen put their finishing grinds and touches to every iron from 3-PW.
- High Density (HD) feel: Our evolved Grain Flow Forged HD process concentrates the grain in our 1025 E Pure Select mild carbon steel billets more tightly for incredible, precise feedback.
- Players compact profile: Just 0.5mm taller than our MP-18 blade, with our YORO signature low heel design.
- Ultra-thin topline: Just 1mm thicker than the MP-18 muscleback, with an additional refining camber.
- Smaller pitching wedge: Sharper, more refined short irons into the pitching wedge – influenced to our Yoro Master craftsmen.
- Forged in Hiroshima Japan at Mizuno’s exclusive plant - manufacturer of Grain Forged heads for Mizuno for over 30 years. Grain Flow Forged from a single billet for incredible feel and distance control.
- Flows into any MP-18 split set - The MP-18, MP-18 SC and MP-18 MMC flow together within a custom built, mixed set.