Mizuno S18 Golf Wedge
Loft Specific Design.
part number: 20290
Delivering the ultimate in short game performance the Mizuno S18 Wedge is the most loft specific wedge in every aspect. Each loft has it's own unique sole grind, profile, top line and groove depth, making them the most effective for their respective
Crafted in Mizuno's exclusive plant in Hiroshima Japan the S18 Wedge is Grain Flow Forged from a single billet for the most incredible feel and distance control. Featuring a mid-size, rounded profile that allows the blade to be opened without impacting alignment the S18 is perfect for executing an array of shots from the most difficult of lies, with the higher lofts having weight shifted up the blade, creating a thicker topline to deliver spin consistency from shots hit high up on the face.
"One of the keys to a good wedge game is controlling your spin rates – there’s no gain in making one pitch stop dead if the next one rolls out. On the shorter shots, we’re more likely to miss the sweet spot high on the face – which is a cause of inconsistent spin. The S18 is thicker higher into the blade, which evens out the spin rates on those common miss-hits." Chris Voshall, Senior Club Engineer
The S18 Wedge features Mizuno's Quad Cut Grooves, created using a new milling tool the tolerances are even closer to the USGA / R&A limits. While the introduction of Boron infused steel extends the durability of the Quad Cut Grooves, maintaining Mizuno's renowned Grain Flow Forged Feel.
- 25 Loft/Bounce Options: All with tour inspired sole grinds.
- Loft Specific Grooves: Wider shallow grooves from 54-62, deep narrow grooves from 49-53.
- Quad Cut Grooves: CNC milled for precise dimensions and manufacturing consistency.
- Grain Flow Forged: From a single 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel billet for touch and precision.
- Blue IP or White Satin: Only plated finishes allow a more aggressively milled groove.