Mizuno JPX 919 Forged Golf Irons
With trademark workability and elevated Grain Flow Forged HD feedback, the JPX 919 Forged is Mizuno's most versatile iron to date. Whether in the hands of a tour player searching for a distance equalizer or the weekend golfer wanting to develop their game, the 919 Forged delivers on every level.
Forged from a single billet of 1025B mild carbon steel each billet is infused with just a trace of Boron, this small addition makes a big difference. Each Boron infused billet is 30% stronger than the more traditionally used 1025E carbon steel, allowing Mizuno to make the face, thinner, hotter and faster than any of it's predecessors while still delivering that unmistakable Mizuno feel through impact. The JPX 919 Forged utilises a new reverse-milled clubface, CNC-milled from the sole up to provide a larger area of minimum face thickness. The thinner face combined with a new microslot in the sole not only increases COR across the entire face but also allows for more weight to be redistributed to promote a lower and deeper CG location, improving launch on mid & long iron shots. Like the JPX 919 Tour and Hot Metal models the JPX 919 Forged features a durable Pearl Brush finish and Mizuno's new stability frame construction, open at the heel portion to enhance stability, launch and loft-appropriate flight apex for soft-landing approach shots. "A deeper, wider milling across the back of the face allows the JPX919 Forged to transfer more energy to the ball than any previous Grain Flow Forged iron,' says David Llewellyn, Director of Golf R&D at Mizuno . "None of that would have been possible without that small addition of Boron into our steel billets, which gives that additional strength needed to reinforce the face.' Mizuno have fitted the JPX 919 Forged Irons with the premium True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 shaft. This tour validated model features a premier lightweight design providing players with the exact same feel as the traditional Dynamic Gold in a mid-low launch and spin shaft that is engineered to be easier to swing. If this isn't for you Mizuno do offer a comprehensive range of custom fit shafts for those that require something more specific.
- Back Milled Face: CNC milled from the sole up, the JPX919 Forged boasts a larger area of minimum face thickness for consistently increased ball speeds. Weight removed from face also allows a lower, deeper centre of gravity for more easily flighted long & mid irons.
- Balanced Performance: The ultimate balance of ball speed, stability and feedback within a more refined playing profile.
- A small addition of Boron makes a big difference: Just a trace of Boron makes our steel billet 30% stronger, allowing greater design possibilities in a forged head.
- Stability frame: Open at the heel portion to enhance stability, launch and loft appropriate flight apex for soft landing approach shots.
- Pearl Brush: Chrome plating with a new more durable pearl finish to soften the 919s precise lines in high sunlight.
- Grain Flow Forged HD (High density): From a single billet of 1025B mild carbon steel in Hiroshima Japan for unmistakable Mizuno feel through impact.
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...