Mizuno MP-20 SEL Golf Irons
Its the set for shotmakers - Mizuno's MP20 'Special Edition Lefties' (SEL) combines the pure feel and classic looks of the MP20 Musclebacks with the high launch, stability and ultra forgiveness of the new HMB in well balanced flow set built specifically for left handers.Designed with blended lofts throughout the set for ultimate consistency, Mizuno's MP20 SEL is the ultimate modern players set. Heavily influenced by the brand's most revered irons of the past, the 5 iron through to wedge comes in the stunning MP20 Muscleback, which is grain flow forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel, then layered with ultra-soft copper plating and protective nickel-chrome to deliver an impact sensation recognised as Mizuno's purest ever. These layers of feel created perfectly encapsulate the nostalgic aura of some of the brands most famous models from down the years, such as the TN87s and TP9s. Carefully designed shapes give MP20 Irons a stunning players finish at address. Tapered top blade lengths work with a cambered sole to ensure incredible turf interaction and also to allow more effective distribution of weight for much more forgiveness on shots struck high or low on the face. This combined with Mizuno's thinnest top line of recent times helps retain the classic blade look to suit the eye of elite ball strikers. In the 3 and 4 iron, the more forgiving, easier launching HMB model is used which features a hollow construction in a tour style profile, inspired by the success of long iron replacement clubs. Packed with technology from the neck through the entire head, this iron houses the powerful Chromoly face supported by tungsten and a strong stainless steel body for extremely hot ball speeds regardless of strike location. Twin 12g weights deliver exceptional stability and easy launch from a variety of lies, while also providing a powerful sound and response at impact. Finished with an exquisite combination of mixed satin and mirror, this set from Mizuno is the better players dream. "We kept asking ourselves - why did players still talk about the feel of the older Mizuno blades - TN87, MP14, MP29, TP9? Despite our Grain Flow Forging process tightening up and an evolving CAD process that predicts vibration patterns - we were still missing something. The one element left from the old classics was a layer of Copper. After blind testing our players at the Valspar it was more than nostalgia - our test pool universally preferred the prototype with copper plating.' Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- Muscleback DNA: The proportions, topline and offset transition of a classic Mizuno players muscle back, with generous sole width hidden at address. For consistent ball players pursuing added ball speed – without sacrificing their shot making options.
- ‘Tour Ready’ Profile: Honed by studying elements of Mizuno’s most played/retained tour iron models - by both contracted and non-contracted tour players. Usage amongst ‘free-agents’ on tour provided a new perspective.
- Complex, loft specific construction: Our multi-thickness Grain Flow Forged Chromoly (3-4 iron face and neck) is dialled in to be consistently hot across the clubface. Twin 12g Tungsten weights deliver stability and an easy launch. A softer 1025E Pure select mild carbon steel makes the short irons (9/pw) soft and responsive.
- Vertically Stable: A discreetly tapered top blade and cambered sole allow a fuller vertical spread of weight to forgive strikes high or low from the face – without distorting the traditional muscle back appearance.
- Refined Topline: Mizuno’s thinnest topline of recent generations - a response to feedback from our tour players.
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...