Ping G400 SFT Golf Driver
Why Face-to-Face, Dynamic Custom Fitting Matters
Optimise performance - there are thousands of potential specifications to maximise the performance of a golf club; don’t guess which are right for you and miss out on increased distance and improved accuracy.
Optimise ball flight - if you’re hitting it too low or too high, you’re likely to be missing out on important distance.
Improve consistency - whether you’re a Tour Player or a beginner golfer, everyone will shoot lower scores by being more consistent and it starts with your equipment being custom fit for your personal game.
Purchase with confidence - a custom fitting will give you the confidence to know that you’ve tested all of the options and you’re now investing in equipment that is going to take your game to a new level.
GET CUSTOM FITTED FOR YOUR PING GOLF CLUBS EVERY TIME YOU BUY
Faster. Straighter. Longer. It's the new G400 SFT Driver from Ping, all the benefits of the G400 model with the extra forgiveness for those that struggle off the tee. A new streamlined shape, faster forged face & Tungsten back weight combine for your longest, most consistent drives ever.
The first thing to notice with Ping's latest creation is the improved aesthetics. Cue a new bolder Turbulator design and Vortec Technology to not only improve the G400s looks compared to previous models, but also serve to reduce drag by a staggering 40% in mid-downswing and 15% overall for increased clubhead speed. Ping have employed a unique forging and patented heat-treatment process to the T9S+ face of the G400 Driver, this technique allows the face to flex 16% more when combined with the aerodynamics gains, resulting in balls speeds gains of up to 2mph. By making the face of the G400 Driver 6% thinner and 9% lighter than it's predecessor it allowed Pings engineers to redistribute the discretionary weight savings to create even tighter dispersion. Here's where the Ping G400 Driver comes into a league of it's own. With a combined MOI in excess of 9,000 and the deepest CG location in golf, there is simply no more forgiving driver on the market today. This is all thanks to the visible Tungsten back weight that helps with forgiveness and even allows you to customise your swing weight. The key difference between the SFT and the standard G400 is that the Tungsten weight in the SFT model is placed slightly closer towards the heel, helping square up the clubface through impact for easier, straighter flight. The G400 Driver is available in three models to fit your unique swing the G400 (std) great for the majority of golfers, G400 SFT (Straight-Flight Technology) is an excellent choice for those wanting to eliminate a fade from their game, and the G400 LST (Low-Spin Technology) perfect for the better player wanting a low spinning driver. Each one allows you to fine tune your launch conditions by adjusting the loft up to ±1° using Trajectory Tuning 2.0, which utilises a lightweight, aerodynamic, high-strength 7075 aluminum hosel sleeve.
- Faster Forged Face - The unique forging process and patented heat-treatment process of the T9S+ face powers a thinner, hotter impact area that is precision machined to elevate ball speed across the entire face for 16% more flexing and when paired with the aerodynamic gains, results in ball speeds nearly 2 mph faster. By making the face 6% thinner and 9% lighter than its predecessor, extra weight was placed strategically to tighten dispersion even further. The forged face was also instrumental in producing the powerful feel of the driver.
- Tungsten Back Weight - With a combined MOI over 9,000 and the deepest CG location in golf, there\'s no more forgiving driver available. A higher-density back weight helps with forgiveness and allows you to customize your swing weight. You can fine-tune your launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +-1º.
- Faster Shape - The streamlined shaping harmonizes with new, bolder turbulators and Vortec Technology to reduce drag by 40% mid-downswing and 15% overall to increase clubhead speed.
- Satisfying Sound - Extensive research and computer simulation coupled with music theory allowed the engineers to design internal architecture that fine-tuned the frequencies to produce a deeper, more muted sound. One tour professional compared it to \"the satisfaction of puring a persimmon driver with the modern technology of the G400.”
- Dragonfly Technology - Dragonfly Technology creates an ultra-thin crown and skirt for weight savings to optimize the CG location and increase MOI for maximum forgiveness and accuracy.
- Inspired Look - The bolder turbulators facilitate faster clubhead speed and help focus your eye for confidence. Dragonfly Technology extends to the skirt, creating an \"infinity edge” effect that adds to the inspiring look.
- Alta CB Premium Shaft - PING’s proprietary counter-balance design allows for more mass in the head to increase energy transfer. Color-Shift Paint Technology means the vibrant copper shaft paint transitions to nearly black as you address the ball to eliminate distraction.
- Aftermarket shafts from Aldila, Project X, and Mitsubishi available at an upcharge. Default standard lengths are 45 1/4”
- The default standard length with the PING Tour 65 shaft is 45.25”
- The PING Tour 75 shaft is tip-trimmed 1" - default standard length is 45.25”
- The default standard length with the PING Distanza shaft is 45.75"
|LOFT||ADJUSTABILITY||LENGTH||AVERAGE LIE ANGLE||HEAD WEIGHT||HEAD SIZE||SWINGWEIGHT|
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...