Mizuno MP-20 Golf Irons
Sculpted by the tour, inspired by generations, crafted for the best - Mizuno's all-new MP-20 Irons feature copper plating with their legendary Grain Flow forging process to deliver their purest feeling iron yet.Designed for low handicappers through to major-winners, Mizuno's MP20 is the ultimate modern-classic muscle back. Heavily influenced by the brand's most revered irons of the past, MP20 is grain flow forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel, then layered with ultra-soft copper plating and protective nickel-chrome to deliver an impact sensation recognised as Mizuno's purest ever. These layers of feel created perfectly encapsulate the nostalgic aura of some of the brands most famous models from down the years, such as the TN87s and TP9s. Carefully designed shapes give MP20 Irons a stunning players finish at address. Tapered top blade lengths work with a cambered sole to ensure incredible turf interaction and also to allow more effective distribution of weight for much more forgiveness on shots struck high or low on the face. This combined with Mizuno's thinnest top line of recent times helps retain the classic blade look to suit the eye of elite ball strikers. Finished with an exquisite combination of mixed satin and mirror, MP20 eliminates areas of high glare on the face and top line when playing, whilst still delivering a deep shine on the back for ultimate in-bag appeal. "We kept asking ourselves - why did players still talk about the feel of the older Mizuno blades - TN87, MP14, MP29, TP9? Despite our Grain Flow Forging process tightening up and an evolving CAD process that predicts vibration patterns - we were still missing something. The one element left from the old classics was a layer of Copper. After blind testing our players at the Valspar it was more than nostalgia - our test pool universally preferred the prototype with copper plating.' Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- ‘Tour Ready’ Profile: Honed by studying elements of Mizuno’s most played/retained tour iron models - by both contracted and non-contracted tour players. Usage amongst ‘free-agents’ on tour provided a new perspective.
- Vertically Stable: A discreetly tapered top blade and cambered sole allow a fuller vertical spread of weight to forgive strikes high or low from the face – without distorting the traditional muscle back appearance.
- Refined Topline: Mizuno’s thinnest topline of recent generations - a response to feedback from our tour players. The MP-20 #3 iron is reduced by 0.05m and pitching wedge by 0.15mm (compared to MP-18).
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...