Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Golf Wedge
Innovative Groove-In-Groove Technology, Tour-inspired shaping & four unique grind options. It can only be the new Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Wedge, the new standard for wedge performance. Not for the first time, wedge guru Roger Cleveland and Callaway R&D have combined to deliver the MD4 Wedge their finest and most precise wedge to date.
Engineered to deliver maximum shot-stopping spin and control the MD4 Wedge utilises Callaway's proprietary Groove-In-Groove Technology with additional 'Nip-It' groove. The clubface now features a 16-groove configuration, with it's unique Nip-It groove near the leading edge to enhance spin on short or slightly thin shots. The main grooves on the Mack Daddy 4 Wedge are saw-cut and horizontal milled to precise tolerances. Taking it one step further a series of micro-grooves have been milled into the flat area of the face, this combination of grooves plus micro-grooves provides 84 different contact points to grab the ball's cover and significantly increase spin on a variety of shots. Wedge feel ultimately comes down to several variables: head material, finish, CG location, sole, shaft & grip. Callaway have taken into consideration every element that contributes to the clubs feel to deliver a uniquely satisfying feel with Tour validation. Crafted from soft 8620 carbon steel the MD4 features four weight ports and milled aluminium medallions allowing Callaway's engineers to move the head's CG position upward as the loft increases providing a solid feel on every shot. While the premium Dynamic Gold Tour-Issue 115 shaft and Lamkin UTx grip further enhance feel to offer the most satisfying feel Callaway have ever accomplished in a wedge.
- More spin from groove-in-groove technology - A unique suite of features and technologies promotes enhanced spin and control
- 20D Groove: The lower lofted wedges (52* and below) feature a 20D groove for consistent spin on fuller shots
- 5D Groove: The higher lofted wedges (54* and above) have an aggressive 5D groove for maximum control out of rough and around the green
- Four sole grinds to suit a variety of playing styles, attack angles and course conditions - Multiple options to easily execute numerous types of shots from the fairway, rough and sand
- C-Grind: Increased relief, especially at the heel, makes it easier to play a variety of shots with the face open. Ideal for medium-to-shallow attack angles and/or rm course conditions. 8° bounce.
- S-Grind: Medium-width sole with slight ribbon at the back and moderate heel relief to keep the leading edge low through impact, promoting solid contact on open-faced shots. 10° bounce.
- W-Grind: Sole is wider at the center and toe and narrower at the heel, with moderate heel relief and generous front-to- back camber. That prevents digging without increasing bounce, and keeps the leading edge close to the turf at impact. More versatile than our previous W-Grind. 12° bounce.
- X-Grind: This new grind features a narrow, high-bounce crescent sole, with the low point near the front. Excellent for moderate-to-steep attack angles and medium-to-soft course conditions. 12° bounce.
- Satisfying feel from soft carbon steel, precise CG locations and crisp turf interation - All three elements work together to deliver to remarkable feel at impact. Our system of four weight ports and milled aluminum medallions allows us to position the head’s CG progressively upward as loft increases for solid feel on every shot.
- Broad range of loft and bounce combinations
- Choice of platinum chrome of matte black finish
- Tour-inspired shaping - Our most rigorously tested and Tour-validated wedge ever, leading to a more compact shape, straighter leading edge, and tighter leading-edge radius. The tight radius makes it easy for clean contact on tight lies for maximum spin and control.
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...