Here at Snainton Golf we offer a choice of standard ready to dispatch clubs as well as comprehensive custom fit availability allowing the customer to built a set that suits their personal requirements.
All custom fit equipment is built to order at the manufacturer's custom fit facility to ensure the highest build quality to the tightest tolerances, please be aware this process can take up to 2-3 weeks as per manufacturer's lead time.
TaylorMade P790 Golf Irons
The original TaylorMade P790 was - and still is - widely considered one of the highest-performing irons in the golf industry.
The all-new 2019 P790 features a 7% thinner face designed to produce a faster COR and for the first time includes Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT) designed to improved accuracy throughout the set, minimising the right tendency often found in the long irons. The thinner face also maintains sound and feel but enhances feedback regardless of where the ball is struck on the face.
Behind the face of the new P790 is one of TaylorMade's most advanced technologies to date: SpeedFoam, a proprietary construction which serves a dual purpose of generating ball speed as well as the management of sound and feel. Injected into the clubhead, SpeedFoam provides the face support and dampening properties that make the performance of the P790 unlike any other iron in the TaylorMade family.
Inside the P790, a larger mass of tungsten - 15% more than the first-generation P790 - has been reshaped to deliver a deeper centre of gravity. This was accomplished through the mass savings in the thinner face as well as by removing the mass in the iron frame (high toe area) and repositioning it by way of the larger, low profile tungsten design, this new tungsten design helps to lower the CG and increase the launch angle of the new 2019 model.
The TaylorMade product creation team implemented some refined shaping changes to the new generation P790 in the continued pursuit of the perfect player's distance iron shape. Working from the ground up, the designers tweaked the sole radius for less propensity to dig into the turf. The long irons (6i-3i) have progressively less offset and the blade length was shaved down slightly in the scoring irons (7i-AW) for more compact players iron proportions.
Finally, the topline shaping was refined by increasing the face height in the toe for a cleaner progression through the set. The result is a visually appealing shape proportion preferred by better players without being visually intimidating for those who appreciate the forgiving nature of the P790 design.
• Forged Hollow Body Construction - Consists of a thin, wrap around forged 4140 face and soft carbon steel body designed to deliver explosive distance and forgiveness
• SpeedFoam™ - Ultra light urethane foam injected inside the head engineered to push the design limits of face speed while simultaneously improving feel
• Low Profile Tungsten Weighting - New low profile tungsten weight designed for a lower CG and higher launch
• Thru Slot Speed Pocket™ - TaylorMade\'s most flexible Speed Pocket™ design engineered to maximize ball speeds and provide forgiveness on low face shots.
• Progressive I.C.T. - Features patented Progressive Inverted Cone Technology strategically located in each iron designed to improve accuracy and protect off-centre ball speed
Delivery Options on this item
Select your delivery at checkout
- Calculating shipping cost...